Transition Finance Event 29-30 November at Chemelot
Want to make the difference for the chemical and wider process industry of tomorrow and its large-scale investments needs? Join the first-ever Transition Finance Event dedicated to the future of financing the industry's net zero and circular transition!
The conference is organized by the Chemelot Circular Hub, with sessions co-hosted by Cefic, A.SPIRE, Hubs4Circularity Community of Practice, World Economic Forum, the Ministries of Economic Affairs & Climate Policy and of Infrastructure & Water Management of the Netherlands, the Dutch platform Green Chemistry New Economy and various other partners such as the RWE, Brightlands Chemelot Campus and Covestro.
- 2 days: Wed 29/11/2023 – Thu 30/11/2023
- One of Europe’s largest chemical clusters in Geleen, the Netherlands, close to Belgium, and Germany
WHY DO WE ORGANIZE THIS EVENT?
- The transition of the process industry, among which the chemical industry requires huge investments in the development and deployment of new technology and skilled people.
- These investments require blending of both public and private funding, either through sequential programming or through hybrid instruments.
- To fully exploit this blended finance public and private investors need to work on a strategic funding offering and companies need to work on a funding strategy.
WHAT DO WE DISCUSS AT THE EVENT?
- 3 key topics: transition finance, blended finance & transition strategy
- 3 perspectives: policy makers, investors and project promotors (hubs, clusters, companies)
- 3 issues: public policies & private strategies on transition finance, initiatives & practices on blended finance, succes stories & cases on transition strategy.
TO WHOM DO WE REACH OUT FOR THIS EVENT?
- Public authorities (dealing with policies & government programs)
- Private investors (such as financial institutions, venture capitalists & corporate ventures)
- Companies (from startup to corporate) & their project partners such as RTOs, industrial clusters and circular hubs (working on industrial-urban symbiosis)