Vacancy - FINANCIAL & EXECUTIVE ASSISTANT (M/F)
A.SPIRE is a European non-profit association that aims to support cross-sectorial industrial research so as to strengthen the
competitiveness of the European process industry sectors. A.SPIRE promotes the development of innovative solutions to tackle
climate neutrality, circularity and competitiveness through the EU’s Processes4Planet Partnership under Horizon Europe.
A.SPIRE is looking for a Financial and Executive Assistant who will:
• Oversee A.SPIRE administration, financial and membership work and ensure timely and efficient fulfilment of rounded and
• Take care of the day-to-day transactions and finances of our association and EU-funded projects.
• Support the Executive Director in the preparation of the governance meetings of the association.
• Act as one of our contact points and friendly face with our members and stakeholders and as our main liaison person with
• Handle sensitive and confidential information (from the association, its team, or its members) while exercising
professionalism and discretion.
• Have strong working ethics and the capacity to combine administration, financial and executive assistance tasks, providing
excellent service and value to the team, management, and members.
• You are motivated to work in an organisation that contributes to accelerating green innovations.
• Take care of all the logistics and practicalities for the preparation of our Board and General Assembly meetings and other
key events of A.SPIRE.
• Ensure collection, edition and traceability of all the documents sent to the Directors and the GA representatives.
• Take minutes and keep track record of attendance, votes and quorum.
• Act as a first contact point for meetings with the Executive Director.
• Prepare, attend and follow up on meetings with member organisations.
• Coordinate the different membership processes (from application to onboarding, follow-up and resignation…) providing
excellent service in collaboration with the rest of the team. Report to the Executive Director.
• Collect relevant data and contribute to reports on membership.
• Assist with the recruitment of new members and participate and support to organise events in European countries (e.g.
A.SPIRE booth in fairs).
• Operate and maintain A.SPIRE internal tools (e.g. SharePoint, communication tools, surveys and on-line voting platforms..-).
• Ensure our CRM is kept up to date and that the team is using it accurately with regard to members, providers and other
ADMINISTRATION AND FINANCES
• Implementing the administration processes of the association (suppliers’ contracts, office supply and equipment, inventory,
sound and traceable filing system, etc.).
• Monitoring budgets of the association and its funded projects ensuring timely and accurate records of income and
expenditure into spreadsheets in a consistent, systematic, and coherent way.
• Quarterly review of the state of the financials and yearly closure in collaboration with an external accountant and auditor.
• Preparing the association's financial reports for the board and the general assembly, in liaison with our accountants.
• Support and guide the team in the preparation of the financial reports of the EU-funded projects, including the systematic
track record of efforts through Timesheets.
• Tracking and reconciling bank statements.
• Responsible for the invoicing process to A.SPIRE members (overseeing members’ accounts that require your attention,
creating invoices to send out, as well as following up with members on any necessary paperwork).
• Support in tracking and following up on membership fees (in collaboration with our accountants).
• Support to ensure fulfilment of the Statutes of the association.
• Main contact point on GDPR and Compliance
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
• BsC in finance and administration or related studies.
• Minimum 3 years of experience in positions dealing with the tasks described for this position, with excellent performance.
• Experience with EU funds is an asset.
YOUR KEY SKILLS:
• Outstanding organisation and prioritization skills with a capacity to retro plan and fulfill strict deadlines.
• High-quality results and output oriented.
• Detail and accuracy-oriented with a knack for numbers and the capacity to spot and solve errors in financial statements, spreadsheets and other documents.
• Capacity to work with complexity and to resiliently juggle a variety of tasks of different nature in a flexible and proactive way.
• Ability to deal with the team, members, and stakeholders diplomatically and negotiate with providers.
• Creative problem-solving skills, able to anticipate needs and deliver your work autonomously.
• A team player ready to work with us in a small team and to relate with our members and other stakeholders.
TECHNICAL SKILLS AND LANGUAGES
• Advanced MS Excel skills (creating spreadsheets and using financial functions).
• Strong skills in Word, PowerPoint, CRM databases and collaborative online tools (e.g. SharePoint).
• Excellent spoken and written English and French. Other languages are an asset.
• You must have the right to work in Belgium.
• You will be joining a small team. A.SPIRE can reorganize the tasks assigned depending on the evolution of the team composition.
• A.SPIRE reserves the right to adjust the job description and make an offer according to the candidate’s profile and experience.
WHAT DO WE OFFER
• Full-time job based in the heart of the European quarter in Brussels.
• You will join a friendly, dynamic and international team and have the opportunity to contribute to making an impact on climate and circularity challenges.
• Onboarding, training and support for professional growth and well-being.
• 29 days off to recharge.
• Teleworking (up to 2 days/week).
• Other hybrid or flexibility schemes (subject to level of seniority in the association).
• Monthly gross salary according to experience (13,92 payments/year).
• Hospitalisation insurance, pension scheme, contribution to public transport, home-office allowance, and lunch vouchers
• A.SPIRE is an equal opportunities employer.
HOW TO APPLY
➢ Suitably qualified and interested candidates are invited to send an application to Ms Evelina Paunksnyte (email@example.com) quoting the following reference “Financial and Executive Assistant”. Your application should include:
- A cover letter (no longer than 1 page) describing how your profile matches the different job requirements and what the motivation for the position is.
- A CV, including details of two people who can be contacted for references.
➢ Closing date for applications: 30 September 2023
➢ Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis, so we strongly encourage early applications. Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
➢ Starting date: as soon as possible.